I hadn’t heard of the Liebster award until a couple of weeks ago. I saw bloggers being nominated and was curious to know what it was all about.
The Liebster award is a way of discovering and recognising new bloggers. A way to showcase the hard work others are doing when writing about things they love.
TEFL Teaching Abroad has been nominated for the Liebster award by Frank Priegue over at I’m not grandpa. Thank you Frank!
I’m not grandpa is all about Frank, who became a Dad at 50 something years of age. He writes about his adventures and challenges of being a stay at home dad! His blog is both interesting and inspiring, take a read!
I started this blog as a way of sharing my experiences as a newly qualified TEFL Teacher. Since then, it has developed into a TEFL travel blog, where I write about exploring Thailand and its surrounding countries.
Here’s what I’m not grandpa said about Tefl Teaching Abroad:
Kirstie is a qualified TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) Teacher from Leicester England currently living and teaching in Chiang Mai Thailand. She writes about her experiences living in a new land and traveling through and exploring neighboring countries.
I am so grateful to receive this nomination. I now have to nominate other bloggers and these rules apply:
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for the Liebster award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their page
- Answer questions about yourself, chosen by the person who nominated you.
- Create a list of questions for your nominees.
- List these rules on your own blog site.
Here are the 10 questions I’ve been asked to answer:
- What inspired you to start your blog?
Reading other travel blogs and looking for information about TEFL teaching. The two of those didn’t come together, so I thought I’d make my own!
2. What blogging goal are you currently striving for?
Trying to create a consistent schedule for posting blogs and having regular readers.
3. What activities do you enjoy outside of blogging?
I love exploring new places. Nothing makes me happier than booking a trip somewhere or deciding to go somewhere last minute and getting lost exploring the area. I enjoy reading and swimming. Can’t beat relaxing by my pool reading a book in 32 degrees heat!
4. What tactics do you employ on those days when blogging is hard & frustrating?
I create a new blog post and think of a catchy title. Then I bullet point everything I want to include in my post. Then il leave it and go back to it when I’m in the right mindset. This way I’ve already started. I find nothing worse than having writers block! The other thing I do, is scroll through photos to refresh my memory, depending on what my post is about.
5. If you could have lunch with any famous person, who would you choose?
This is a tough one! It would probably be Leonardo DiCaprio. He would have so many stories and experiences to share and he’d be a great laugh too!
6. What are your 3 favourite blogs to follow?
Tieland to Thailand, One modern couple and Getting Stamped.
7. What piece of blogging advice have you found to be most useful?
Write about what you love! Who’s going to read something that doesn’t show your passion or enthusiasm? If your passionate, readers will see it and will continue to visit your blog regularly.
8. Are you a full time blogger or do you hold down a day job?
No, I blog part time although I’m working on it eventually becoming full time. I am Grade 1 Teacher, currently living and teaching in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
9. What is your favourite post on your blog thus far?
Off the beaten track – It is one of my first posts where I write about my experiences exploring my new home of Chiang Mai!
10. What social media platforms do you use and which one is most effective for you?
I use both Facebook and Twitter however I concentrate more on Twitter at the minute. I find Twitter great for writing instant thoughts and connecting with other travel bloggers.
Here are my nominees for the Liebster award:
- Shrey and Ash @ The logical traveler. They are a couple who love to travel and write about their adventures. They provide top tips on how to travel economically! Worth a read!
- Lianne @ Liasian. Lianne is a Korean American who grew up in America. She had a longing to meet her birth family so embarked on an adventure of a lifetime to Korea to meet them. She blogs about travelling Asia and teaching in Korea.
- Katelyn @ Wanderlustseries Katelyn is a Canadian born traveler who writes about her adventures exploring the world. She wants to inspire others to live their ideal lives.
- Shannon @Livesabroad Shannon is a travel blogger and nomad currently traveling New Zealand. She writes about her experience travelling and unique opportunities in each place she visits. I met Shannon when we were both Teachers in the same school. Her blog is what inspired me to create mine.
- Pedro and Paulina @Moments of yugen This inspiring couple write about their travel adventures. They met through travel and are now traveling around South East Asia for 101 days! A very interesting read!
- Genevieve @ Waygook cikgu travels This inspiring traveler writes and vlogs about her adventures travelling Thailand and other South East Asian countries.
- Amanda @ Sunshine in the cities This interesting blog is all about Amanda’s travels, exploring cities only known to most people by name. Writing about life exploring new places and about the inspiring people she meets along the way.
- Katya @ Tozhe-ya A keen traveler exploring South East Asia. Currently traveling though Myanmar and recently in Thailand. Writing about collecting different moments throughout the journey.
- Phill @ My Lanna life Phill is an up and coming blogger who writes about his experiences as a Teacher in Chiang Mai. It’s great to read these stories from other perspectives. Take a read.
- Scott @ Jetsetting now Scott loves to travel. He writes about top tips to help you when travelling. A much needed blog to get you started on your travel adventures.
Now for my nominees, firstly, congratulations and secondly, here’s a series of ten questions for you to answer all about your blog.
1. What inspired you to start your blog?
2. What is your favourite blog post so far?
3. If you could choose to live in one place only, where would it be?
4. What is next on your bucket list?
5. Are you a full time blogger or do you hold down a day job?
6. What piece of blogging advice have you found to be most useful?
7. What social media platforms do you use and which one is most effective for you?
8. What activities do you enjoy outside of blogging?
9. What has been your most memorable traveling moment?
10. What are your 3 favourite blogs to follow?